The Town Scryer is a mixed bag of humor, socio-political observations and ephemera from the perspective of a eclectic Pagan veteran of the counter-culture.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Diesel Waltz








Arthur Rimbaud (Pronounced "Rambo")
From “Voici le temps des assassins…”

I annihilate museums. I demolish libraries. I oblivionize skyscrapers.
I become hard as adamant strong as battle indurated with solid fire rigid with hatred.
I bring back the wizards and sorcerers the necromancers the magicians. I practice witchcraft. I set up idols. With a sharp-edged sword I cut through the crowded streets. Comets follow in my wake. Stars make obeisance to me. The moon uncovers her nakedness to me.
I am the harbiger of a New Sun World. I bring the seed of a New Copulation. I proclaim the Mad Queen.
I stamp out vast empires. I crush palaces in my rigid hands. I harden my heart against churches.
I blot out cemetaries. I feed the people with stinging nettles. I resurrect madness. I thrust my naked sword between the ribs of the world. I murder the world!”
************
Clean,Adjust, Lubricate, Feel, Inspect, Tighten. Words to live by.
Be seeing you.







2 comments:

  1. With all due respect, it's Harry Crosby. http://www.banger.com/crosby/cros03.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was hard to tell at the source I used. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete